Blogger Widgets

Monday, March 19, 2012

Ron Paul and Ezra Taft Benson: What Is Our Moral Obligation?

 
This post here is an addendum to my past post called "Peace, The Prophets and Ron Paul".  To me it is obvious that Ron Paul is the only candidate that is obeying and preaching the true precepts concerning agency, liberty and freedom as it is taught by the Prophets in this dispensation.

ETB: "It is imperative that American citizens become alerted and informed regarding the threats to our welfare, happiness and freedom.  No American is worthy of citizenship in this great land who refuses to take an active interest in important matters."

RP: "You know, there should be an urgency about what we do.  It would be nice to be relaxed, and think that we are in the 1950s when I first--barely--started thinking about politics.  But it's not the 1950s anymore. It's a new century, and there is a lot more problems.  We have terrible threats from around the world, we have a foreign policy that has gone amuck, a monetary system that's in a mess--and we know all our problems.  But there is an urgency in what we do!  Because we are carrying the banner! And we must act, because we, as a group, have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance!  Once you become knowledgeable, you have the responsibility to do something about it!!"


ETB: "...To the patriots, I say this: Take the long eternal look. Stand up for freedom no matter what the cost.  It may help save your soul, and maybe your country.  In this mighty struggle, each of you has a part.  Every person on the earth today chose the right side during the war in heaven.  Be on the right side now.  Stand up and be counted!! If you get discouraged, remember the words of Edward Everett Hale when he said: 'I am only one, but I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something.  What I can do, that, I ought to do. And what I ought to do: by the grace of God, I shall do.'"

So a question first, before you press play on this video:  What is our moral obligation as American citizens?  I'll give you my answer: To stand for truth, knowledge and freedom.  May we all have the courage to stand for what is right and true.  Now is the time.